Monday

Something Worth Stumbling Across

I had comments to "moderate" today when I logged on. Someone, somewhere, saw my blog! Not just saw, but actually commented. and I thought there was no one out there... well, since I may have to grow accustomed to the occasional (lost?) visitor, I will try to post something worth stumbling across. Here's what I'm thinking:

*I have lots of stretchers, a ton of canvas, and a bucket of gesso... so check back for my first educational blog
"HOW TO PREPARE A CANVAS LIKE AN ARTIST INSTEAD OF BUYING A PRESTRETCHED ONE LIKE A NERD"

I should have time to stretch (& document for the blog) on Wed. 9/24/08, so if you wanna learn BOOKMARK now, and I'll answer all questions after I post my "mini tutorial".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Also, I think I will include some more cave and caving pics. This Saturday is the fall William's Canyon Project meeting. I have been swamped with "last minute" trips for people trying to become trustees. For this last weekend, I had to tell folks, I'm genuinely sorry, but um... I also have three kids (5 , 1, & 5 mos.), and they kinda want to see me sometimes too. ..Oh, and a husband who *really* appreciates some help with the (gulp) THREE KIDS.

Most ppl have been pretty understanding, others seem to think that it is part of my job. IN FACT: everything i do for the Williams Canyon Project is strictly voluntary. If you are interested in the project see: http://www.wcp.coloradocaves.org/


Both of these Cave pics were taken at the Cave of the Winds. Perched about Manitou Springs, Colorado, the cave gives tours year round. I create and implement educational programs for "kindercave" through college age kids. All summer long the cave is swarming with tourists, but once school starts, field trips and those taking educational tours are our prime attendants. Find out about the Cave of the Winds and our various tours goto the official site:
Words of advice: If you want to go on the Lantern Tour, BUY TICKETS ONLINE. Otherwise...personally, I wouldn't bother with the online ticket purchase. but,...like, thats just my opinion, and junk.

0 comments:


My Etsy.com Store

My Etsy.com Store
Original Art, Prints, & Photography

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP